Uof M Tiger's Coach

Uof M Tiger's Coach
Josh Pastner

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Interesting Quotes after Tiger's first defeat after losing to # 4 Kansas

The Memphis Tigers, now 7-1, ranked No. 13 in the Associated Press poll and No. 14 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll going into the game, were soundly defeated by the #4 Kansas Jayhawks.  I found some interesting quotes from some of the Tiger players after theoir defeat.

Spoon:  "I guarantee from here on out, there won't be a harder player in NCAA basketball than me."

Black on Spoon's comment:  "I get the reaction that his intentions are good, " freshman forward Tarik Black said. "But like Will (Coleman) said, talk is cheap.  I'm not downing my teammate.  I'm pretty sure he is gonna work hard.  Honestly, id he works hard, everybody else has to match his entinsity, and that will make us a much better team.

"I'm actually hoping that (Witherspoon) takes up on that and really does go out and start working on his game and jsut becomes a better leader.  Because in the end, if he starts working harder, Will will start working harder.  Idf Will starts working harder, I'll start working harder.  It's jsut a chain reaction.  It has to start with somebody; why not him?" 

Will Coleman:  "Everybody wants to get paid.  Everybody wants to get drafted.  I mean, I've talked (to teammates), but a person can only talk so much.  You know, I don't wanna hit anybody or anything crazy like that, but everybody just needs to buy in; that's all we need.  Because, I feel like if they do, if we all come together and just listen to the man in charge, we will be fine."    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment